Welcome To HORSEY,
A small village approximately 11 miles North West of Great Yarmouth; 1 mile from the beach, and
21 miles from Norwich.
An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, bequeathed to The National Trust by the BUXTON
Family in 1948, the area is well-known to Birdwatchers and Naturalists, but most others will never have
heard of it!
Our aim with this site is to enlighten and educate visitors and locals alike, of some of the
fascinating history of the village, with the aid of wonderful old photographs of the area. There will also be
plenty to interest Family and Local Historians, with reminiscences of the "way things used to be".
The Site has been broken down as follows:
- Current Events - current and forthcoming events in the Village.
Women's Institute Reports and Meetings. Council Meetings. Have YOUR
say on village life
- History - the history of the village, together with local
- Architecture and Topography - Descriptions and histories
of the buildings, past and present, of the village.
- Genealogy - The people who lived here; who they were and what they did. Official
Lists such as Census returns etc, and Family histories, will also be found here.
- Horsey Memories - memories of villagers, past and