(Formerly Known As Johnson's Corner)
Kathy BRADY's grandfather was called JOHNSON and
owned the strip of land at Horsey Corner, including the pink cottages. He lived at Warren Farm, where her
grandfather was the Team man, looking after the horses. Eventually moved from Warren Farm to Crimmond, which he had
built in the 1930's. A pump was on the corner, for the four pink cottages. Mains water came in
Chapel was built in 1870 by Mr William JOHNSON, on his own land.
This was used until 1909 when the property had to be sold, on Mr JOHNSON's death. Mr George ENGLISH then got
involved with fundraising, and £95 was raised to build a new one-roomed Chapel of brick and slate, which cost £100.
By 1912 all debts had been paid. By 1958 the Chapel was considered too small and so the current Chapel was built on
its' current site.
The Old Chapel was bought by Mr E. KING and
converted into 2 houses for farmworkers, and subsequently into the Bed and Breakfast establishment it is at
Crimmond. Original wooden house built in the
1930's. Subsequently rebuilt / enlarged(?).
Belle Vue. Built in