GET IN TOUCH! News, Information or Questions. Email us at:



Old Chapel 

Located at Horsey Corner, the first Methodist Chapel was built by William JOHNSON on his own land, in 1870. This was in use until 1909, when the property had to be sold, following his death. The original building fell down a few years later.

Helped by George ENGLISH, £95 was raised to build another Chapel. The brick and slate cost £100. The new, one-roomed Chapel was opened in September 1910, and by 1912 all debts had been paid.

By 1958 the Chapel was too small and a new Chapel had been built next to the Playing Field. 

The Old Chapel was purchased by Mr E. KING, who extended and converted it into 2 houses for farm workers. Later, bedrooms were put into the roofspace, a garage added, and finally made into one house.

In recent years The Old Chapel has been used as a Bed and Breakfast establishment.


Horsey Photohistory

A Genealogical CD, in PDF format so can be read by any computer, containing almost 200 high quality photographs, all from private sources, depicting the life and times of this idyllic Norfolk Broadland village.

Never-before-seen photographs of the Horsey Flood of 1938, together with people and events in village life, covering the past 120 years.

Cost of CD, including postage and packing to any destination is