The house was built as a rather narrow house in about 1820, but was extended to
the north in the early 20th century. The first house had a north outshut, of which patches of flint remain at the
north-east corner, but this was absorbed in the extension. The main facade is to the south, facing the road. Two
stories in three bays. Whole coursed flints with red brick dressings under a gabled thatched roof.
A Utility Outbuilding, and Cartshed were built in the early 20th
On the site is also a Three-stead barn, dated 1742, constructed of red brick laid
in Flemish bond on a brick and flint plinth, with a hipped thatched roof. The west side has a pair of central
double doors flanked by a thin pilaster strip right and left. To the extreme right is a low pedestrian doorway. The
rear (east) elevation has a full-length outshut right and left of the transept entrance. The north gable has a
datestone: M over T & C, and the date 1742.
A further small three-stead barn was built in the early 19th century, now on the
brink of sliding into decay. Constructed of red brick laid in Flemish bond, under a gabled, thatched roof. To the
east is the gable-end of a mid 18th century barn formerly on the site.
A set of farm stables, now redundant. Built in the late 19th century, they abut
the east side of the garden wall to the farmhouse. Red brick laid in Flemish bond, under a lean-to pantiled roof,
they were formerly three loose boxes, each with a stable door, but the south box has been bricked up in the mid
20th century, leaving two doors.
In addition to these buildings there is a set of outbuildings immediately east of
Street farmhouse, and abutting to the north of the former stables. Constructed in the late 19th century of whole
flints with red brick dressings and a gabled thatched roof. Of one storey, and indeterminate function, they are now
partly ruinous. There is a small enclosed brick building with a window to the north and a door to the south.
South-east of this and built against the former stockyard wall, is one bay of a former barn
The house enlarged to North, by Tooley & Youngs when STARLINGs lived
Families Who Lived at Street Farm.
1865 - 1900 John BECKETT - farmer
1904 George ENGLISH took part of Street Farm, possibly just the land.
1904 - 1908 Richard ANDREWS and George ENGLISH at Street Farm
1915 George ENGLISH farmer at Street farm, and landowner at Horsey
1920's ENGLISH family still at Street farm, until...
1926 Frank Oliver STARLING Snr. took over the farm
1938 STARLINGs still at farm at time of Flood
1947 Mr and Mrs G. YOUNGS take over the farm
1991 The YOUNGS retire from farming, but continue to live at farm